Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm trying to get Netflix on my TV. I have followed

Customer Question

I'm trying to get Netflix on my TV. I have followed instructions in manual. Pessing Premium option and then picking
I'm sorry I sent message before I was finished. I'm trying to access Netflix. I chose premium option and then chose Netflix but message says no connection is made. I did what the instructions said from Netflix, shutting of TV for one minute. and still can't connect. Can you help ? My TVis 4 years old Model LG 47LW5600.
Charles Finch
n
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Do the other internet applications work in TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, is the TV connected to internet router/ modem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had throat cancer and cannot talk on phone. The answer about the modem is No.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, please feel free to ignore phone call offer from website system.

TV must be connected to internet to get internet related applications work on it, there are two ways to connect the TV to internet, either plug Ether cable in LAN port at back of TV and hook it in internet modem OR get LG WiFi Adapter (recommended for this model), plug it in TV to connect the TV to router through wireless connection.

After connecting Ether cable or Wifi Adapter, need to run Network Setup in TV menu so establish connection with modem/router then TV will be able to run internet applications.

For Netflix, you need an active Netflix account and register your TV on Netflix account page as procedure will be mentioned on Netflix page to sync this TV with your Netflix account to get video streaming.

Please check following link to view WiFi adpater for this TV for wireless internet connection, if required..

http://www.amazon.com/LG-AN-WF100-Wi-Fi-USB-Adaptor/dp/B003F9HH2W

And may please check/ download TV user manual copy from following LG link to get info about network setup in TV..

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LW5600

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed your instructions and purchased to Wi-Fi adaptor. I then connected it successfully to Infinity Wi-Fi on my computer. I had previously activated a Netflix account. I cannot get Netflix as the message is that there is no connection. Any answers?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delayed reply, I was away form computer, have you tried any other application in TV to see if it runs?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.