Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm having trouble getting Acorn TV on my Samsung Smart TV.

Customer Question

I'm having trouble getting Acorn TV on my Samsung Smart TV. When a program is playing I get a message in a box that states "Network Error. Please press exit and check your network settings" the program is playing in the background while this box is on the screen. When I press exit the screen goes black and I have to start all over again. This is very frustrating because I want to be able to watch Acorn's programming. Thank you for any help you can give.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Can you get me a model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, how long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UN78HU9000. It was purchased onApril 4th and delivered a week later.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What I'm asking is "WHEN" the problem occurred? In other words, was Acorn TV working on this set and then stopped?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Or is this the first time you've tried to access it on the set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked briefly on a reduced screen when we first got it but we've been having the prblem for several weeks.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, just to make sure- the TV is connected to your Internet Network correct?

If so, please try the following steps:

1) Unplug your TV from power, then reboot your router by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Check and see if you can get Acorn TV on the set.

2) If that does not work, then please go into the Samsung's Settings, and "Reset to Factory Defaults". Once that it done then run through a fresh internet setup, then connection test, and see if the set will then display Acorn TV.

Let me know what happens and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I'll try it. How do I get back in touch with you?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You can bookmark this page, add to favorites, or log onto www.justanswer.com and click on My Questions. Or you can just keep the page open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome- and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't work.