Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I accidentally attempted to use the remote Toshiba TV to

Customer Question

I accidentally attempted to use the remote for my Toshiba TV to turn on a Samsung TV. I later discovered my error; but the Toshiba remote would not then turn on the Toshiba TV. In fact, there's no signal coming out of the remote. I've replaced the batteries in the remote; and the TV controls work manually. Any advice as to how I can get the remote to work once again? Many thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
How did you check the remote please ?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to use it with the Toshiba TV (as I always use it), but it would not turn the TV on or change channels once I turned the TV on manually. I then replaced the batteries, but that did not work either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still working on the answer to my question?

OK you check the remote is working by doing this

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39305/~/how-to-test-if-a-remote-control-is-sending-an-infrared-%28ir%29-signal.

Its for a sony but is applicable to ALL remotes

Let me know they are working

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not working. I don't have a camcorder, cell phone or digital camera, so that advice was of no help to me. Have you any other suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get my $28 back, please? This service was not what I expected, and was not satisfactory.