Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Sharp Aquos model LC-70UQ17U that has started

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos model LC-70UQ17U that has started turning off while watching tv then within 1-2 seconds turns itself back on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
When it does this and switches off is the power light in standby mode usually red or is it blinking?or does it stay lit in the ON mode please?
This is important as it may not be the set switching off but you losing the signal
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light goes off then turns back on when it powers back up. It has only done it twice so i will watch more closely for blinking lights
How old is the set please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 year
OK if that light is going out you definitely have a problem with the set that is either a main-board issue or a power-board issue now as the set is 1 year old I strongly suggest you get this covered under manufacturers warranty so please either contact the retailer where you got the set OR sharp themselves via the website www.sharpusa.com to arrange for a approved sharp dealer to do the work.
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony

Outside of that you are looking at replacing a board yourself so you do not want to get involved with that if you can possibly help it and it costing $200 or $300 so please pursue the warranty angle first even if the set is out of warranty it has a grace period, so do NOT leave this it will get worse

Anthony

Interested to know how this has worked out please?
Anthony