Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Our 72" Mitsubishi TV has been shutting off at random

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. It appears the price of your question is currently $28. Be aware that telephone support costs $18 more which would be a total of $46, and I would have to refer you to a different tech.
Please REPLY back to confirm that you understand the above message and wish to continue with our chat.
** Do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand if you are able to help me.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
What is the model number of the tv?
Has the tv ever been serviced?
How often is the tv shutting off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the model number. It
Shuts die two to three times per day
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** a sticker on the back of the tv.
How long have you had the tv and has the tv ever been serviced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was serviced about a year ago when they replaced the bulb and a defective part that caused little black dots all over
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably had about 5-6 years
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
You can try unplugging the tv for 3 minutes but if that doesn't help then the first suspect is always the lamp. They are supposed to last about 6000 hours of use. If you don't think it's been 6000 hours then the tv will need more in depth diagnosis. If you want to do that with me here then you will need hand tools and the ability to use a multimeter. Once you have these ready just REPLY back here with the full model number of the tv and I will be happy to help.
Before we go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy or if you are not able or unwilling to work on the tv yourself. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we continue tomorrow? I can't get to the back of the TV right now
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
sure
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.