Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have.a mitsubishi 638 series. Replaced bulb. Turn it on

Customer Question

I have.a mitsubishi 638 series. Replaced bulb. Turn it on and in 5 Seconds it turns off again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. It appears the price of your question is currently $28. Be aware that telephone support costs $18 more which would be a total of $46, and I would have to refer you to a different tech.
Please REPLY back to confirm that you understand the above message and wish to continue with our chat.
** Do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand why you are charging more
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
More than what? The website set the value of your question at $28. Phone calls cost $18 on top of that. This is how the website works.
If you wish to continue with our chat then reply back with the full model number of the tv.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Reply back here with the full model number of the tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mitsubishi 628 wd 60638. I turn it on, it stays on for a few seconds, starts flickering and shuts down with a solid red light.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Exactly where did you buy the new lamp and how much did it cost?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Discount -merchant. Com. 30 bucks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Installed old one again, no picture, but played sound for a few minutes.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Shut down with solid red LED means lamp failure. That lamp is your problem. Lamp quality is a BIG issue on all these Tv's. You cannot count on a product that costs $30. A real lamp costs $120 and comes with a full one year warranty. This is not just a marked up price, it is a completely different product manufacturing quality issue. Those inexpensive lamps are cheaply made Chinese knock offs. They are not manufactured to any specifications what so ever. Mitsubishi never condones the use of those knock off lamps.
We actually see this exact scenario in our shop a few times a week. Customers think it's ok to buy a discount lamp but it's NOT. I understand you want to save money but in the case of the Lamp for your Tv, it just causes problems exactly like the one you are currently having.
>>> click here to get ORIGINAL Lamp <<<
Before you go, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with the service tonight. Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I'll be happy to walk you through getting the error code by pressing buttons on the front of the tv. This is one more way to prove that the cheap knock off lamp is your issue. Or you can call out any repair shop and they will give you the exact diagnosis I just did for about $100 to $135 (non refundable).
I've been doing this for over 10 years. I know what I'm talking about. I take this very seriously because it's how I put food on the table for my family. You basically just got a free ($5 deposit) diagnosis and I got nothing for my time. Please take a moment to click the positive rating now. Doing so does not close this question or prevent future replies.