Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We have a JVC television, and company with small children

Customer Question

We have a JVC television, and company with small children were pushing the buttons on the front of the TV. Now our TV says no input. All we see is a blue face, or if we push the menu we get a wavy script. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The "Video" or "Input" button on the TV is what changes the Input from one with No Signal, to one with signal. Now without knowing how you get your broadcasts, and how it is connected to the TV, I cannot tell you which Input to select. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I get "not receiving a signal"
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me how you receive broadcasts???

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

In other words- is it a cable box, directv box, antenna, etc,?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have click cable with a box.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, please disconnect the box from power and plug it back in. Once it's rebooted try ALL of the available TV Input/Video Sources- and let me know if any of them bring up any video or display from the cable box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have unplugged the cable, and waited a minute, then plugged it back. Still nothing but blue screen. Guess I will have to wait for someone who can help to come. I can't afford any more of the fees.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

It sounds like the tv may just be on the wrong input.

Can you look on the front of the tv for the INPUT (also known as tv/video, or source) button. Press that, repeatedly, to cycle through the different input modes until you get picture back from your cable feed.
If no change on any of those inputs, try using the JVC remote to type in channel 03 or 04 (the cable may be on either of these).

Let me know if that helps.