Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do I turn off power save on my tachi tv

Customer Question

how do I turn off power save on my hitachi tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does power indicator light on TV lit or blink when push power button?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is an orange light that say`s tv is in power save mode
The tv is about 5 years old and this has never happened before
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, in that case push power button on TV front to get it turn On, does it work or power light turns to blue or red?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a settings button on the front panel but the power does not stay on long enough before it goes into power save mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I press the power on the tv front it goes blue for 30 secs then turns orange
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

ah OK, does TV shut off in 15 seconds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV never turns on it say`s "no sync"
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand, since TV shows 'no sync' message on screen that means it is On but missing video source signal fpr some reason like wrong video input selection or connected video device isn't On or not sending video output signal to TV or unplug connection cable between TV and video source/device etc.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

If there is only cable box hooked to TV then please unplug cable box power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes, check the connection cable(s) between TV and cable box to make sure it is plugged securely in cable box and TV. Replug cable box power cord in and give it some time to let it boot fully.

Now turn On the TV to see if it shows cable picture?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you asked and put every thing back together turned the TV back on and got the same result "no sync" and orange power save light.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand, this TV has power saving feature, when it is On then TV will shut Off in 15 seconds if couldn't detect video signal from connected video source.

Can you please check what video input of TV is connected to cable box?

Is it HDMI-1 or HDMI-2 or any other video input?

Also, do you have DVD player to connect it to TV as a test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no DVD and the HDNI is set for front where it is always set
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, any other video device such as gaming console etc to try it?

We need TV to show picture to get it stay On then can go into menu to turn Off power saving mode.

Turn On TV and push INPUTS button on TV remote repeatedly to change video input source to different HDMI input.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is connecting a DVD machine right now
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, let see if TV stays On with DVD playback, need to select correct video input of TV by pressing INPUTS button to get DVD player video signal.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV wont stay on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, did it give chance to change the video input to get flash of DVD picture on screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a DVD in the player it will not play but the blue light is staying on the TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Good, press Menu button on TV remote, does menu screen appear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed menu on front of TV panel and it came on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so TV remote is also not working, please replace batteries of remote and try again.

On TV menu screen, go to Setup and set Automatic Power Saving option to No (off) to avoid this issue again.

Once done, change video input source to see if TV shows cable box picture?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
I need to go offline now and will reply you after few hours break.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says press off to save electricity and it has a green light next to it is a button that says on but it will not let switch to it
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is odd, left/right button on TV remote should change its settings to On or Off.

is the TV remote working now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got it to the on button but when turn DVD off it goes straight to power save
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No, please set the power saving mode to Off in menu - setup to keep the TV stay On.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not working I cannot keep this up I will get one one local Monday am thanks for trying I don`t think I want the free trial membership . Regards JC
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, no problem, please contact customer service for 'free-trail membership' info as I'm just a TV tech here and have no control over such matters. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.