Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My Visio does not come on. 15 years old.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Are there currently any signs of life at all on the Vizio (power light white, orange, or blinking, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No signs of life on TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.
Please let me know if you can do work or need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is the power board .........is it expensive or should I consider buy a new set?
Actually the power-board replacement for one of these sets is about $30 so very cheap you can get one from www.shopjimmy.com ideally get the partnumber found on the original board (trace powercord to powerboard to locate it)
If you need anymore help please let me know
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony