Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Re: My small Teac TV LCDV2258HDR purchased 27/6/12 On/Off

Customer Question

Re: My small Teac TV LCDV2258HDR
purchased 27/6/12
On/Off button appears not to be working. When I turn it on via remote control, it tries to connect, and the Teac brand shows up as normal on the screen, but then immediately turns itself off. Tried lots things even using my other remote (for other TV), changed batteries and tried turning it on by using power button on TV.
Do you think it can be fixed or perhaps I now need another TV to replace this one?
Would be grateful for reply, thank you,
Maree
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and when plugging back in using another outlet?
Still, the described attempts of turning it on with both the remote and the TV button resulting to "...then immediately turns itself off..." is indicative of an internal hardware issue.
Options then are:
• consider a very involving DIY (do-it-yourself) repair if and only if comfortable working with electronic components & circuitry, electro-mechanical parts, use of a DVM/VOM, a soldering iron/station and safe practices with electrically powered devices. Access to a Service Manual or at the very least, a schematic diagram would be a necessity;
• should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center or an independent repair shop / qualified professional;
• evaluate other options considering cost of repair, down time, cost of shipping, age, parts availability and comparable prices of newer/better models.
I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.