Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My 42" Visio was on then a loud pop now won't come no no

Customer Question

My 42" Visio was on then a loud pop now won't come no no light nothing when turned no just the sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think you should inspect the power supply particularly, for any component that obviously has burned out or blown.
And the other boards can be inspected for
- brown spots under components
- blown out components e.g. small disc capacitors can explode and make a pop noise, I think.
- anything odd, especially any loose metal objects of any sort that could cause a temporary short, e.g. a paper-clip loose in the electronic workings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx for the help Russell , I checked the board no brown spots, power cord looks ok I can't get the cover off that hold the compotes is it glued on I took off all the screw off
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean by 'the cover... that hold the compotes'... I guess you mean the main cover of the TV, over the internal electronics generally.

It may have pressure snaps. But I honestly do not know. In general, when a device has a cover where 'all the screws have been removed but the cover won't come off', then either not all the screws are off - e.g. there's some screws under caps or other little screw-covers that are loosely glued on and come off - or else something else has to be removed first, that the retaining screws are underneath.

As for specifics for this device model... There is little to point to. Perhaps this:

http://www.librarymatrix.com/clever/Mzc3ODg1/

might lead to your obtaining a service manual. Which usually has diagrams or instructions that help with disassembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well am at a lost can't get to the bottom of what's wrong With my tv
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Are you experienced at all with electronics repair or troubleshooting?

Do you own an electronic volt meter?

How old is the TV, please? measured from its date of purchase.