Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a vizio vp50 ,no sound ,no picture. the main board

Customer Question

I have a vizio vp50 ,no sound ,no picture. the main board has been replaced ,the one fuse test good . any idea what else could be wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Can you please tell me exactly what the TV does when you press power- does the power light change? Any click sounds? Does the screen light up- even for a second?

Also what prompted you to replace the Mainboard for this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power light will stay green, tv does click when turned on, see nothing on tv at all. I had bought a kit to replace capasators did not do a good job with soldering ruined the board . bought a rebuilt board , it looks fine fuse ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the little green light on the direct tv box starts out green then after 1 min starts blinking amber
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so you replaced capacitors on the original Mainboard? It's usually the power supply board that the caps fails on.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Regarding the DirecTv box- that has nothing to do with the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

When you press power on the TV, does the screen "backlight" at all please? I you grab the Vizio remote and press MENU, does the MENU show up?