Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a sharp aquos. This has a USB port and I can't figure

Customer Question

I have a sharp aquos. This has a USB port and I can't figure out how to activate it. I also need to know if Apps can be added to tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please reply to me with the tv`s full model number so i know you are there and we can proceed ?

By the way , right now do not plug anything into that port quite yet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not have model number on the tv. Where would i find it?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

They all have the model number on the back cover and sharp tv`s start with the letters LC-......

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks got it LC60LE640U
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

o.k then give me a minute to check this , this tv should have usb ports for pictures , music and even movies but some usb ports are for service only , be right back but in the mean time can you tell me what is on that usb drive ?

Is it movies ,pictures etc. ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

did you see my last question ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
movies from my phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry having issues with PC
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then for one thing your tv should automatically switch to USB mode when you plug in either a USB memory stick or a USB hard drive , are you trying to connect the phone directly into the tv with a usb cable ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
using USB cable. TV pops up USB not on
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Click on the link here;https://www.dropbox.com/s/xn5ys62enzr1f4a/2015-08-06_1313.png?dl=0

You cannot use anything else than a drive or memory stick so what you would need to do is connect your phone to your pc and transfer that movie to a usb drive or memory stick and you are in business , just follow the info that you see in the link above

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. Can I add apps to the tv?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then let me check that ,usually you can but the tv has to be connected to the internet , are you connected now ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the look of it , what you see is what you get when you press "smart central" , nothing about adding new apps there , sorry

If that answers your questions please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .