Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My new TV just arrived. I just want to install to cable box

Customer Question

My new TV just arrived. I just want to install to cable box to watch television- don't care about smart features yet. I'm not certain that I installed wires correctly, need to check with you. Model number is *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you connected HDMI cable into HDMI input of TV and plug it into HDMI Out of cable box?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a new Samsung model UN40JU7100 - it has a "mini box connection"- because it has proprietary cable (I've not seen before)-the back of the TV only accepts this Samsung mini cable- the mini cable box has the HDMI connection. I.e., mini cable from TV to mini box, then HDMI to back of cable box. But the TV screen keeps saying "no signal detected." I need you to walk through the settings, tell me if I did something wrong. Thank you. My name is Jacque
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable box is an xfinity- there is no model number on the cable box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARE YOU THERE?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, and working on it.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, in what HDMI input of mini box is hooked the cable box?

is it HDMI-1, 2, 3 or 4?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's okay with me to continue chat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid- do you think I should I reboot everything?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** discuss it in text mode easily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Shahid do you know this Samsung mini box attachment? I have never seen one before- maybe I made a mistake with connections. Do you have the model number I gave you?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No, since TV shows no-signal-detected that means it has not selected on correct video input, so please press Source button on TV remote to get input source list and select the correct HDMI input where cable box is hooked in.

If it still doesn't get picture then reboot the cable box and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Mini Box is new thing from Samsung and please check following link to get connection setup manual copy of TV and minibox which will help..

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201504/20150401112326941/JU7500-QSG-ZA-78-85inch_only_BN68-07054H-01-0324.pdf

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with cable box connection issue?
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.