Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I purchased a Samsung 40" TV from Best Buy in either March

Customer Question

I purchased a Samsung 40" TV from Best Buy in either March or April. A couple weeks ago it started acting up.
In the bottom right hand corner where the channel number and in the left hand where the program is listed, these start rolling real fast. I am not able to stop it nor can I punch in a number for a channel. I have to use the channel up/down button until I see the program I want. All this time there is a picture on the top half of the screen. After 1/2 to 1 hr the TV will shut off and after a few minutes it will turn itself back on and we go through the same thing.
Model # ***** UN40H5003AFX2A Serial # ***** 03803CTFB26149L
I am technically challenged so if you could write down what to do, if there is anything to be done, I will have my son do it when he comes by.
Any help is appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me how you get your tv channels?
Antenna, basic cable, cable/satellite box, etc?