Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We live in a camper, waiting house to be built. I'm sick of

Customer Question

we live in a camper, waiting for our house to be built. I'm sick of watching the same. I only havethe antenna that is all. How can we fix that
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , thanks for the request , was out when you sent it in

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

There might be alternatives but that depends much on what you have available right now , for example how are you contacting me right now , do you have internet access ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is your camper on the same lot as the house being built ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have internet service, I am contacting you through my personal hot spot on my iphone. Yes the camper is on the same site
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry we Dont have internet service
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then what I was thinking was to get a subscription with web sites like Netflix for example and connect the pc to the tv for movies and whatever shows these uys have but there might be something else

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

AS you are on the lot where the house is being built , I cannot see why the cable company could not give you a temporary feed then move that to the house when ready , did you contact them ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing with that is that streaming uses so much of my data plan which is only 10G
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yes I was going to say exactly that it could get to be expensive through a phone system .

Again that leaves the cable company with either the wired internet or better yet the whole cable system , in any case they will have to run a feed to your new house

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Other than internet or cable system you have only the antenna which you are already using and then renting dvd`s ??

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Would not take much for the cable company to stretch a temporary cable feed to your camper

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

May cost a bit extra on the original install but would be cheaper than streaming movies

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have checked with cable to connect and they said they cant connect anything, until we have our house built
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Not much of a service do they ?
The next best thing then may be to consider satellite tv , they will hookup an outhouse if asked :)

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

dish or direct tv will set you up and you could even stay with them when moving into the house

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anything I can do to boost the antenna i have on my camper
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in your opinion which has the best reception and internet
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Depends on the antenna you have really as those "boosters " may help in some case but not really and the real solution for more channels that are on the fringe for example would be a larger directional antenna and again depending on what you have available in your area it may not help ,may end up costing a fair bit as we ae now talking about a whole new setup and this would be temporary , sorry but not much can be done on that side unless you are ready to go for the whole package of rotors, directional antenna , tower , amplifiers etc.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Best reception ?
Do you mean satellite company for example ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was wondering in you opinion, which dish service has the best reception and internet.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then a bit difficult to compare as they are competition to each other and have a host of packages but it seems that direct tv has the better service from what I gather so far

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

For the internet you are better off with a local provider through the phone land line,optical or cable system though

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again for requesting me and if that answers your questions for now please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .