Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Well thank you Aric. My Plasma LG TV seems to have died. I

Customer Question

Well thank you Aric. My Plasma LG TV seems to have died. I tried to reload the programmes via the Menu function, but it appears that there is NO SIGNAL at all. I have tested the aerial with another monitor and it's OK. Is there anything else I can try? I have a satellite box and that works fine with the HDMI socket...
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Was it working fine with same antenna prior to this problem?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV approx 8 years old. It always worked perfectly until yesterday with same antenna.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems tuner problem in TV.

Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and run channel search/scan again to see if it helps?

if problem still persist then it would be tuner failure and either replace the tuner board in TV which would cost good money (board price + tech labor) or connect set top box to AV input of TV, plug aerial to set top box and run channel scan in box with its remote to keep watching channels on this TV, this way TV wont need to take in for repair.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was actually no good, but worth a try....
So am I satisfied? I would say NO. I am back to square one. How much have you taken from my account? It should £ 3 only.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

There is no way to replace bad part/ tuner in TV through internet from here and all I can do is to troubleshoot the issue to give you proper solution, tuner board replacement in TV or connecting set top box needs real hands on TV.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please contact customer service at***@******.*** for any billing query.
Thanks.