Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a JVC TV Model #LT-42XM48 42 inch/1067 mm

Customer Question

I have a JVC TV Model #LT-42XM48 42 inch/1067 mm manufactured in August 2007. When I turned it on, I had audio from my Directv application, but the screen was a series of vertical line of various colors which repeated themselves across the screen. Couldn't get the vertical lines ti disappear. Called Directv and their technie guided me through several steps which did not change anything. Is it possible that the TV is defective?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any other source/input you can test other than the satellite, such as dvd, vcr, game, etc?
Can you also bring up the JVC on screen setup menu, and let me know if the lines affect it as well (lines are on top of the menu)?