Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an Olevia 542-B11 I had gotten a capacitor repair kit

Customer Question

I have an Olevia 542-B11 I had gotten a capacitor repair kit from LCD alternatives replaced them the tv works better but will still shut down. what else do I need to do to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. When this happens do you get a flashing light pattern? What caps did you replace and on which board?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the list of caps I replaced on the power board, They are all Radials at 105degree c, 1-1500, 3-1000, 1-1000, 2-680, 1-470, 2-100.There is no flashing light pattern, it just turns off. You can't turn it back on unless you turn the power off and turn the power back on.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
Do any of the boards get hot when this happens?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
Can you check for me?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to take the back of the TV off, run to the TV back and feel if the boards are hot?
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
however you would want to touch something metal before touching the board and you would want the TV off and unplugged. So with the back off wait until this happens, then unplug it, touch something metal the TV case is fine. Then touch the boards be careful as they can get quite hot.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, I'll let you know.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
Ok, take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV stands with the back, I don't know how to take the back off and still be able to watch it too.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
I apologize but I Need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
By the way , do not bother feeling the boards , it won`t tell you anything