Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony LCD L6 60" smart Tv 5750 and have lost the WSB

Customer Question

I have a Sony LCD L6 60" smart Tv 5750 and have lost the WSB pin. How can I get this back.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is on the back and the TV is on the wall and I am an old lady
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

ah OK, can you please look at side panel of TV for small label that would have model number info?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There and no numbers on the sides
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, can you please confirm it is 'WSB Pin' that TV ask when run network setup to connect to router?
If so, how many digits space you see there, is it 4 digits or 8 digits?
isn't TV ask for WPS pin code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WSB Pin 8 digits
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, was the TV working fine before with same router or is it first time setup for internet connectivity?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV was working fine before I changed the pin to try to set up Turboflix. My stupidity, I did not write down the number before changing it to the Custom code. 204.232.178.48 which was the instruction from Turboflix. I now need to get the original and proper pin so we can watch Netflix. Should have told you this in the beginning
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, since I don't know your TV model so may not be able to give precise / one shot answer, however, I would suggest to run Network Setup (wireless or wifi) in network setup menu of TV that would appear if push Home button on TV remote, please try easy/auto setup option that should help to resolve the problem.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on the 6th set of numbers and will keep trying and get back to you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Easy or Auto network setup should fill up those set of numbers itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have gone through 25 sets of numbers in Auto network setup and guess I will continue rather than start over again. Sure hope it works
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please reply back with the result.

Thanks and good luck!

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been going through number series all day with no results
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, we really need to get the model number written on back of TV and might be WSB Pin would also be written there nearby serial number or on small label.

Is it possible for you to get some one's help to take down the TV from wall for those info?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try tomorrow
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please take your time.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately you did not solve my problem. We were looking in one direction, getting the Serial number off the back of the TV. since I as unable to do this and nothing else had worked, I called a TV/Computer service who came to the house. Simple problem, the router had been turned off. I don't know how this could have happened, however, moving a tiny switch fixed my problem.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Nice, good to know that problem is resolved, since we were discussing the issue through internet so I assume that router is On and working that is why your computer is connected to internet to exchange messages.
Wish you good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rating your service is not easy since the problem was not resolved. I would certainly give you 5* for personality and effort but not an easy answer the way the question is asked. I think you would know enough to suggest I check my router to ensure it was working properly. It was probably a bad idea on my part to think a luddite like myself could get help on line.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Its OK, no problem, just do not rate the answer and leave it as it is and contact customer service at***@******.*** for any billing issue.

Thanks.