Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Sanyo DP26640 LCD TV...went to turn on and TV won't turn on.

Customer Question

Sanyo DP26640 LCD TV...went to turn on and TV won't turn on. The power light comes on for about 5 secs and then turns off
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. How long have you had the Tv?
2. Have any parts been replaced or work been done? what? when?
** REPLY to continue **
** DO NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no parts replace.
own tv for 1 years
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Can you describe any electronics technical skills you have like pc boards, using multi-meter to test ohms/volts, soldering, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not received a phone call yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or can it be fixed
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I am not using phone call service at this time.
If you want to continue, please simply REPLY here with the information:
Describe any electronics technical skills you have like pc boards, using multi-meter to test ohms/volts, soldering, etc?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Since unplugging the power cord did not help, unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If you have tools and want to DIY then REPLY back here and I will be happy to help.
If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of thing, you would need to call a repair shop which will end up costing over $300 (labor is very expensive). Honestly if you can't DIY, you should really consider not having this tv repaired and just putting all that money into a new tv.
I know this must be upsetting and you might be thinking this answer was of no help to you, I assure you the advice I've given you is well worth it considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop because they will collect a non-refundable diagnostic fee up front of $100-$135 and won't ever offer the DIY option that I have.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,