Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When I turn on the tv them small light on front of set is

Customer Question

When I turn on the tv them small light on front of set is lit under the label lamp. It blinks and there is no light on the screen, which is dark. If I unplug the power and then plug the power back on the small light on front of set lights up under the timer label and then moves under the lamp label and blinks. Use of the remote does not turn the blinking off. Does this indicate that the lamp should be replaced?
Thanks for a reply. James ***.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The red light under "Lamp" being lit does indeed mean that the Lamp in the set needs to be replaced. The TV will not turn on, or off when the lamp has failed- this is a diagnostic built into the set to prevent the set from powering with a bad lamp. The Lamp for your set can be purchased at the link below:

https://www.bulbamerica.com/products/mitsubishi-wd-57731-tv-cage-assembly-with-high-quality-original-bulb-inside?CAWELAID=120150920000412180&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=120150920000790949&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAjwovytBRCdxtyKqfL5nUISJACaugG1hnQhX6jX-eMMVu_QW7bsawjeCGtJ7W3PKySss0IyXBoCF8fw_wcB

Also, below is the link to your Owner's Manual, and instructions on replacing the lamp are on page 93:

http://download.sears.com/own/5754146e.pdf

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A very positive reply to my inquiry. Very efficient. Thank you.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Could you please click the 5 stars the site shows on the page? That is how I am credited for my work.