Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi WS-A55 (Best Buy Version of

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi WS-A55 (Best Buy Version of WS-55311?) TV that I bought new and am still very happy with. My DVD player recently started acting up and I wanted to replace it with a Blu Ray. My TV has component (5 RCA) inputs and no HDMI. I purchased a Samsung Blu Ray BD-JM51 along with an HDMI cable and an HDMI to component converter (not just a splitter). 1) I know the component inputs on the TV work because my DVD played still displays through those inputs. 2) The HDMI cable and the new Blu Ray work because I hooked them up to a neighbors TV through HDMI input. 3) the converter works because I hooked up the Blu Ray though the neighbors TV through the component inputs using the converter. HOWEVER, when I hook up the Blu Ray to my TV using the HDMI cable and the converter I only get a blue screen... any ideas??... Other than advising to buy a new TV .. any other ideas? Seems like the signal getting to the TV is not compatible but I really cannot see why.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What's the make and model of the converter? The issue would appear the resolution from the component out ont he converter is too high for the TV. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is up to 1080i. The converter is Radio Shack "HDMI TO COMPONENT CONVERTER" item #(###) ###-####