Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

When I put my DVD/blue-ray player to HDMI port. It worked

Customer Question

When I put my DVD/blue-ray player to HDMI port. It worked great for 3 years. Then it started getting "static" or noise signals then would clear up. It stopped working now. I changed the HDMI cable and I bought a new DVD/Blu-ray player. My Vizio TV just displays "no signal" from all the HDMI ports. The old and new DVD/blu-ray players and HDMI cables work on another TV. I think the HDMI PORTS ARE BAD. What do u recommend?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Yes you will need to replace the main-board do you think you can do this work yourself?
I will provide all the necessary info for that.
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do u know if it's worth fixing or just buy another TV? How much would replacing the main board be?
Its quite an expensive main-board at $160 so for the age of the set it may not be a good option for repair, not sure if you would want to go ahead?
It is an old set this now so as I say its probably not a good idea for a fix.
If you need any more help please let me know
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony
Regards
Anthony