Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a customer whom I sold two 55" tachi TV/Monitor. They

Customer Question

I have a customer whom I sold two 55" Hitachi TV/Monitor. They are installed as a set of two monitors side-by-side. He has broken one of them. They are 200 miles away right now. All he can see is the serial number. We need to know the model number and if there is a comparable model that will look very similar - if the model we sold is no longer available.
Serial number = CH4KM 08165
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I don't think I can identify the model # ***** the serial number, unfortunately; I have no inside information on Hitachi serial numbers.
If that serial number is ***** of registration information, that may possibly have been filed with Hitachi in order to have warranty claim rights, then Hitachi would have the model # ***** match with that serial #, upon inquiry.
If you sold the two Hitachi TV/monitors to this customer, why not look up the model # ***** your records? and tell me what the model # ***** and I'll find out what replacement would be comparable and similar in look.