Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a 55 inch UF770T tv which we have just had installed.

Customer Question

I have a 55 inch UF770T tv which we have just had installed. I reset the parental control PIN code while the technician was here and now can not for the life of me remember what it was.
How do I reset again?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

Try using the master code, 0325.

Let me know if that works ok for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that doesn't work.Any other ideas
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Press "Menu" on the LG TV remote. A window appears on the TV screen. Use the arrows on the remote to highlight the "Lock" option, then press the right arrow button on the remote. Try entering the code as 7777, then highlight the "Set Password" option in the window on the TV screen and press the right arrow key.
Let me know if that works ok for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That hasn't worked either as I don't get a reset passcode box. Only boxes to input current passcode which I don't know....???
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You should get a "Set Passcode" box, not a "Reset Passcode" box.
Are you using the original LG remote that came with the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,As I have already set a passcode when the TV was installed, everything I try to do is restricted by the Parental control PIN code which I have forgotten. So I do not see a Set Passcode box as it has already been set. All i get is Enter Passcode....which I don't know!!! Surely this happens??? I have tried the reset PIN. I have tried the P up P up P down P up but it doesn't respond. I have tried every other PIN code I have found on the internet. I have tried restore factory settings. I have turned the whole thing off and back on again.......Any other ideas?I will call LG.