Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Received our Sharp Aquos TV. Getting a good picture but no

Customer Question

Received our Sharp Aquos TV for Christmas. Getting a good picture but no sound. Have checked cable.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box from power.

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box back into power, and once it's rebooted, turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sound after following your instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there Aric?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I need you to reply back about whether you have sound with a DVD player? This tells us where the problem lies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did not have sound there either as I said when I said that we followed your instructions and still no sound. We called Sharp when we did not hear from you and they got us going. Thank you tho.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

As you said? Sorry I missed where the fact that DVD player was also connected was elaborated. Anyhow, glad it's working.