Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Samsung Model code: UN46D6000SFXZA Version# H302

Customer Question

I have Samsung Model code:  UN46D6000SFXZA
Version# *****
Today when I left the room I had picture and sound. Came back only sound. Now there is a blue spot (looks like a large fingerprint) at the bottom right of the screen (my right if facing screen.) No issues with picture prior to this. From what I've read online this should be a more gradual problem if the picture is going. It simply vanished. I've tried menu to see if I could make anything appear on screen... Nothing appears. Any ideas or suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Offhand, I don't have good news on this problem- and the symptoms you have, are directly indicative of a failure LCD/LED panel. I don't want to offer false hope- so I wanted to get right to the point and give you an accurate answer for this problem. The blue spot, is n area of the liquid crystal which has leaked from within the inner screen, to between the outer plastic/inner screen layer. To fix this problem requires complete replacement of the LCD/LED panel- which costs 80% of what the TV cost when new, and requires complete dis-assembly and rebuilding of the set- from the inside out.

I'm very sorry for the dismal news, and I wish there were a quick fix for this problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.