Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Screen has a grey stipe down either side when viewing foxtel

Customer Question

Screen has a grey stipe down either side when viewing foxtel ,no problem with free to air channels Jeff
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, If the line is there with Foxtel, but not with Free to Air, this would be a problem with the Foxtel box- not the TV.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.