Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We lost power to our apartment building. It is back on but

Customer Question

We lost power to our apartment building. It is back on but now my LG TV will not turn on. It was plugged into a surge protector with the cable box and the cable box is on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We lost power early this morning. It came on 30 minutes ago but now my TV won't turn on. I have had the tv for 5 years or so. I have never had any problems with it until now. The model number is: 50PQ20
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Does power indicator light turn On or flash when press power button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. There are no lights. I have tested the outlet with another electronic and the outlet is fine. The TV was plugged in to a surge protector.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a reset button?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid there is no reset button in TV, since no power indicator light turn On that indicates power supply board failure and we can confirm it with checking standby volts by multimeter, if volts are not available then power supply board will need to be replaced and if volts are available then main board will be replaced.

Please reply back if you wish to replace board in TV yourself to assist you further and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.