Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

2006 Toshiba TV Model 62HM196: Replaced Projector Lamp.

Customer Question

2006 Toshiba TV Model 62HM196:
Replaced Projector Lamp.
Startup shows BLUE with blinking YELLOW -- goes through eight cycles, no screen image
Had DLP engine replaced with rebuilt unit. Same indications
Conclusion was that circuit board needed to be replaced, but they are not readily available.
Current Status: An imposing, inanimate object that dominates one part of my living room. Tremendous, though dated, capabilities now dead in the water.
Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. First, before proceeding with replacing any other parts of the TV, make sure you're using ONLY AN OEM lamp- as Toshiba sets are very particular wit the ballast being terminated with the correct OEM lamp for the set, which should run you close to $135 for the lamp. The cheap $35 lamps are not rated for this set.

However if you've already checked the lamp and purchased the correct OEM lamp and still have the same problem. then the part you need to scour for and locate is: Toshiba 75002847 (PE0032C-2, V28A000007B2) Ballast Power, which is OUT of stock at all locations. All you can do is search Ebay and all other pulled/used parts suppliers to try and find the ballast.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.