Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Connecting 10 yr old plasma to antenna and converter box

Customer Question

Connecting 10 yr old plasma to antenna and converter box tuner. We get sound or picture but not both at the same time.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the model number of the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can't see it. It is a pioneer elite.
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately for me to help you I would need that to look up information, you may not need to use a converter box with the TV, you may be able to simply connect the antenna to the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't have a coaxial input
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Okay, how do you have the inverter box connected, the Yellow red and white composite input?

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Okay so what do you see on the screen when you switch to that input on the TV? do you see the menu from the converter box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The input switcher, I see the tv, but switching channels, I see the converter box
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

I am not following you? should be able to use the converter box remote control to bring up a menu that will allow you to perform a channel scan and lock in all the channels with-in reach of your antenna? have you tried this yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem is, we have the channels on input 6, but we can only get the volume on input 1.
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

You don't have it connected correctly, can you upload a picture here of the connections on the back of the TV you are using? you don't have a model number, I need something to go on?

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

It seems you have the video connected to a different input then the audio?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One sec... That's what it thought. I'll get a pic
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Okay,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't upload it
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the inputs should be marked, video 1 2 etc? you need to connect the Yellow (video ) and the two Audio (Red and White) to the same input ? you have the video connected to one input and the audio to a different one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is only one video input, and the red and white ones are together
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean together? are they right next to the Yellow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are brackets above the red and white indicating they should be put together. There are only red and white input s(about 4 sets of them) and then desperate from those is the yellow one.
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

The only way I can help you is if you upload a picture or get me the model number so I can see where you need to connect the cables too?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Once you get a picture uploaded or the model number I will help you get it connected correctly.