Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung Plasma TV PN50B450B1DXZA it has a vertical

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Plasma TV PN50B450B1DXZA it has a vertical band of lines about 3 inches wide in the center of the screen. Sometimes it's black sometimes it's different colors and sometimes they flicker back and forth. They are there for the most part but sometimes they disappear. This essentially divides the screen in two and the band sits over the picture and extends vertically all the way from top to bottom. I think it might be one of the buffers but I am not sure which one. I removed the back of the TV and the buffer boards seem to be laying horizontally along the frame. I need help identifying the root cause and which replacement part to buy. Can you assist?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Sorry about delayed reply. Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is it possible for you to take a good picture of rear of TV (all boards visible) and post it here which will help to answer the question bit quickly?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Working on it
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Files with photo attached
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the pictures, there are two possible reasons for vertical lines band, either buffer boards (mark the board where the lines fall on bottom of screen) or logic control board, triangular board at center of rear of TV and 5 flat ribbon cables are plugged into it is causing this issue.

Now the real problem is, if logic control board swapping doesn't help then entire panel will be replaced because buffer boards are embedded with screen and can't be replaced because ribbon cables coming from panel are directly soldered on buffer boards and we can't resolder them on new buffer boards thus entire panel will be replaced.

Please check with following board supplier to get replacement logic control board to give it shot..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=PN50B450B1DXZA

if logic control board swapping doesn't fix the issue then get the part number off of label pasted on panel to search/google it to get price info which will help to make decision about this TV repair. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the logic buffer board is bad then it would be pointless to try and repair it, corrrect? You recommend trying to change the Logic Control board first as that might solve,the issue?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Correct, logic control board swapping is only option here to see if it fix the issue or we are looking at bad panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. Thanks for you help Shahid that was very helpful. I will check for the part and let you know how it turns out.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome,

Wish you good luck!

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance for the question?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I ordered the part.Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.