Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Samsung 55 led starting powering itself on off 2 weeks

Customer Question

My Samsung 55 led starting powering itself on off for about 2 weeks now it won't power on at all?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Is there any chance you can get the model number off of the back of the TV?
Also, how long have you owned it for?
Are there any signs of life on the TV at all right now (power light lit, or blinking, click sounds, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can not get model mounted on wall. I've owned about 2 yrs. I did see a blinking red lite when push power button on TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. If the set was shutting itself on off for a while before, I'm not going to give false hope- but this is a hardware failure in the set- that's why I asked for the model, in case you were looking to repair it yourself (which of course would include pulling it from the wall and removing the back of the set to replace the "Mainboard").

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This is a pretty common issue with Samsung, and other makes too- and not something there's any resets or pushbutton fixes for. If you're not comfortable opening up the TV to make this repair, then a shop will charge $300 parts and labor to swap out the Mainboard. You can locate a shop at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Alternatively, if you're looking to fix the set yourself- you're going to need to pull it from the wall, and I'll need that model number. Then I can dig up a source for the Mainboard for you to purchase.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.