Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a sony bravia kdl-55hx800 put new power suply and

Customer Question

i have a sony bravia kdl-55hx800 put new power suply and main board, it will turn on has backlight, and sound doesnt turn off or have any blinkibg red light indicators
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Are these the EXACT symptoms you had before replacing these parts?
2. Where did you get these parts and what are the part numbers?
** REPLY to continue **
** DO NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it actally lights up, with backlight,no turn off or blinking lights, just stays on with backlight,, abd from shop jonhs repair, they match up exactly with th wc other ones i have
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I understand your current symptoms. I am asking if the symptoms changed after replacing either of the boards? In other words- did you have these EXACT symptoms BEFORE you replaced either of these boards?
And-
I want to make sure when you say Power board, you are referring to the board that the AC POWER cord plugs into?
And-
I want to make sure when you say Main board, you are referring to the board that has the Audio/Video input jacks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
main board, and the symtoms changed the tv actally powers on and stays on just has no picture but does have sound
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure you are reading my entire reply. So let's try again...
1. What exactly were the ORIGINAL symptoms?
2. When you changed the power board did any of those symptoms change?
3. When you changed the main board did any of those symptoms change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the main syptomes were the tv wound turn on then turn off right after then blink 14 times then changed power supply then would turn on for a bit and turn off then changed main board, now tv stays on with back light has sound but no picture
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
All of this information points to a defective Tcon board. Part number is ***** Kinda hard to find a expensive. Here are links to two places to buy the board:
http://www.tvserviceparts.com/1-857-780-11.html
https://www.encompassparts.com/item/8264241
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any other tv that have t con boards compadable to this one like the 46
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no. This is the only model this tcon board.
Before you go be sure to click the positive rating. Doing so does not close this question or prevent future replies. Future replies do not cost extra.
Thanks.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.