Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic pt-53x54j that will not power on after a

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic pt-53x54j that will not power on after a thunderstorm and the standby light is the only thing that comes on and then cuts off after a minute
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. This is a hardware failure in the TV- either in the mainboard, power supply board or both. What tools and experience do you have- and are you looking to repair the TV yourself? Or are you looking for a repair estimate and service locator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If someone can tell me what to look for I can do it myself. I am a woman. (Haha) but I built ATMs and have been a quality inspector. I pick up on things quick so fixing it shouldn't be a problem. Just need to know how.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. There's not a one shot diagnosis, and a multi-meter and the ability to measure live voltages is required. Do you have a meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not. :/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a tester, that's it.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry a tester isn't going to work. There's no way we can proceed any further without proper test gear- otherwise we're guessing.
I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142