Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I purchased a 42" Insignia TV about 18 mos. ago and have been

Customer Question

I purchased a 42" Insignia TV about 18 mos. ago and have been very happy with it until yesterday when it wouldn't turn on. The red light is on but wont start blinking when you try to turn it on. I have tried with remote and manually with no response
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Is there nay chance you can get the model number off of the back of the TV for me?
Also were there any storms, surges or power outages just prior to this happening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** and yes we have had some storms and lightning Prior to this happening but the power strip it was plugged into also had other components plugged into it and they weren't fried
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. The TV and the other components aren't really related. For example you could have a lightning strike take out a TV and a cable box on the same plug strip- and the router and DVD player will be fine. It's not a guarantee that all or one device will be affected- but this ID the most common issue with these TV's. If there's no response form the power button (no flash of the light, no click, etc.), then the Mainboard is either faulty, or has locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you still have the same problem?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you have the same issue, and the red light simply stays lit- you have a bad Mainboard in the set, and this component needs to be replaced. If you have this done at a shop, you're looking at around $250 parts and labor and can locate a shop at the link below:http://www.tvrepairpros.com However if you're a do it yourselfer, you may be able to repair the TV yourself by purchasing the mainboard at the link below and swapping it out. This is a plug and play part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it: http://www.shopjimmy.com/insignia-157449-main-board-for-ns-55l260a13.htm Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried your fix 4 times with no su
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you have the same issue, and the red light simply stays lit- you have a bad Mainboard in the set, and this component needs to be replaced. If you have this done at a shop, you're looking at around $250 parts and labor and can locate a shop at the link below: http://www.tvrepairpros.comHowever if you're a do it yourselfer, you may be able to repair the TV yourself by purchasing the mainboard at the link below and swapping it out. This is a plug and play part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it:http://www.shopjimmy.com/insignia-157449-main-board-for-ns-55l260a13.htmOther than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?