Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Vizio E3D420VX the sound comes and go on it. Sometimes

Customer Question

I have a Vizio E3D420VX the sound comes and go on it. Sometimes you just have to increase the volume and wait for the normal volume to come back. Other times just turn it off and then back on until the sound comes back. Can the TV be repaired to fix the problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Does this happen with all sources/inputs (cable/satellite, dvd, game, media/apps, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't play games or have been using the DVD player only watching TV. Can say same problem when using DVR.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Well tv and dvr will generally be the same thing.I need to know if it happens elsewhere as well, to properly isolate the issue. Can you please test a dvd or some other source, and let me know if it happens there too?This will help to determine if this is a cable box (dvr) problem or a vizio problem, so that we may proceed accordingly.If you can't test something else, or want to skip that for now, the next step would be to unplug power to the dvr for 60+ seconds to reboot it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is right now the TV is working perfectly right now. When I turned the TV on after lunch it had no volume no matter how high I turned it up. I turn it off came back five minutes later an we had some sound then it just came back to normal sound.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I understand it may be intermittent. We still need to do some testing though to isolate the root cause.Just bookmark/favorite this page, and you can get back to me whenever you have a chance to observe the issue further. Thanks,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The same way you'd bookmark any other website or page. There should be a star button at the top of your web browser for that.You can also return to justnanswer.com and sign back into your account, or you can accept the phone offer I sent and I'll give you my number to follow up with me by phone later if that is easier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it doesn't happen until 8 to night can I get a reply then?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I should be online then, if I miss you I"ll reply back as soon as I see your response.