Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Sansung 55" LCD tv which is flashing the red power

Customer Question

I have a Sansung 55" LCD tv which is flashing the red power light in cycles of 7....would this also be the capacitor issue? I am a Master Electrician and can solder at the component level if so.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
There is no blink code procedure with samsungs they do not employ that type of software, your first check though is a visual one of the capacitors on the power-board your looking for leaking/ballooning/raised domed tops, can you do that please?let me know if you need more info, we move on subject to that check
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't see any problems w the capacitors but removed and replaced the entire circuit card anyway since it was suppose to be related to a power saver mode I read elsewhere. No joy!! Still flashing the same!! Any thoughts??Richard DeJohn
Richard it would have been a good idea to come back to this dialogue OK no problem that leaves a bad main-board that is the one with all the AV connectors attached
You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
Edit the part-number on samsungs usually begins with BN
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony
Regards
Anthony