Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a 237T Olevia which I want to hook up straight to an

Customer Question

I have a 237T Olevia which I want to hook up straight to an antenna. It is now hooked to Bright house and works fine. I want to "cut the cable". Have the manual but so far unable to get anything from antenna. Everything is hooked up and ready to go. To begin, not sure what the "source code should be.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note this please;
Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).
That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm Here.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then what do you mean by " not sure what the "source code should be " ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
What source code are we talking about ?Do you mean mode when you go to the channel search menu ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's the bottom left button on the Olevia remote. Then it ask is your source HDM1 HDM2 and so on. Its on Hi-DEF 1 now - with bright house
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Nt sure what you are asking here .Do you want to know how to make the tv work with an antenna when you disconnect the cable or are you still wondering how to make brighthouse work ??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
That button is called SOURCE and it selects what you want to watch on tv by the way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to make the TV work with the antenna only. Bright house is on now and works fine - like I said I want to cut the cable.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you will need to connect the antenna and with that source button select tv and then perform a channel search
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Are yu ready to do that ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the antenna connected ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
You don`t have to disconnect the cable box for that , it will just be ready when you do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The antenna IS connected. I will try the "source" button now - give me a minute, the TV is in another room.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k , you just need to set it to TV mde , just press that button until you see channel numbers on the screen but note that you won`t get anything until to do the channel search
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Channel search goes like this ;Open the menu then select SETUP>>>TV>>>AUTO CHANNEL SEARCH>>> AIR>>>>AUTO and press ENTER and sit back while it does that , may take up to 10 minutes in some cases
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here is the manual for this tv by the way and look on page 44/46 for the procedure ;http://data.manualslib.com/pdf2/37/3607/360647-olevia/237t.pdf?bca7bf3c4120d324c1a5abec10b5fb45&take=binary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just ran through all the source from HDM1, HDM2, VGA, VGA Component, 3WTOG, Composit1, Composit2, SVIDEO, S VIDEO 2 and Components 1 and 2 (
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
What is that 3WTOG , is that a channel number ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Set the tv to TV mode and that means none of these " HDM1, HDM2, VGA, VGA Component, Composit1, Composit2, SVIDEO, S VIDEO 2 and Components 1 and 2 "
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
It may say TUNER on the screen or just try the channel buttons or even enter digits like 12 and the tv will switch , you need to be in tv mode before doing the search
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this procedure . what source code should I have set before pressing "Menu"button?
WTOG has the word cable under it (Small letters)
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Cable is not what you want , did you look at the manual or looked at what I wrote above ?
Here it is again ;
SETUP>>>TV>>>AUTO CHANNEL SEARCH >>>>>> AIR (NOT CABLE) <<<<<<<>>>AUTO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no problem finding "Setup" then I press the right button to access the submenu. then when I scroll down to find "TV" there is NO TV.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I`m sorry but i will have to opt out now.You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the manual and have been following the instructions for "Auto-Scan. So it never says TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if you got this going but I was looking at your last post and you said that you could not see the TV selection within that spinning wheel ?
Make sure your tv is in tv mode (channel numbers on the screen) before you open the ,menu otherwise you won`t see it.
Not sure if you meant that you did the auto-search but if you do not see it (TV)then you could not possibly perform the scan as you have to pass through that .
Another thing you may want to check if you cannot get anywhere is the "home" mode , these TV's have a tendency of going to store mode for no reasons and in that case you cannot get to the scan mode .
Check this ;
Hit "Menu", scroll down to "Picture" and hit right arrow, scroll down to "Mode" and hit right arrow, scroll down to "Power Up" and hit right arrow, press down until you see "Home" and hit enter. See if you can channel search now.