Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Direct TV Remote turns both my TV & Direct Reciever Box

Customer Question

My Direct TV Remote turns both my TV & Direct Reciever Box on @ the same time...Here recently The Direct Reciever Box Come on...And the Vizio TV Comes on but in the middle of the screen on the TV is a Big Arrow pointing down...Usually the arrow will disapear & The TV comes on....Now it stays on...I have unplugged it for a few minutes then Plugged it back in...For it to come back on...Now i am messing with it again...What is wrong...I bought the TV in 2011 with a 3 year warranty...It's been working find uo til now...Now i do also have a DVD Player that is hooked up separate..I don't think that could be it...Help....
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.
From your description the tv is turning on but it is stuck on the "V" vizio logo screen. This indicates the tv isn't completing the boot up process which means there is a failure on the Main board. The board will need to be replaced and costs about $150. If you have tools and want to DIY then REPLY back here and I will be happy to help you with that.
If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of thing, you would need to call a repair shop which will end up costing over $400 (labor is very expensive). Honestly if you can't DIY, you should really consider not having this tv repaired and just putting all that money into a new tv.
I'm sorry for this bad news. This can happen in only 3 years of normal use. In case you think this answer was of no help to you, I assure you the advice I've given you is well worth it considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop because they will collect a non-refundable diagnostic fee up front of $100-$135 and won't ever offer the DIY option that I have.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.