Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We just moved a large flat screen TV from one house to another

Customer Question

We just moved a large flat screen TV from one house to another and now it doesn't work. It sounds like a quiet bird chirping in the back that is all we hear
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lf501em4f
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Emerson
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need anymore information?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for TV model number, let me get related manual for troubleshooting, get back to you in 10 minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waiting, does power light on TV turn On (solid or blink)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no power light one at all just a chirping sound
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.Chirping sound would be coming from power supp,y board and this kind of issue occurs when power output volts get overload thus protection circuit on power supply board doesn't allow it to turn On to avid any damage.It seems any connector or board has been misaligned during transportation, please remove the back cover of TV for visual check to see any thing displaced and causing the problem?If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where should we remove screws from
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
There are several screws around the back panel, near the RF pin where coax cable is plugged in, 4 screws on base stand.
Please lay the TV on flat surface (front down) then remove the screws to take off back cover safely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it in this area
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We need to know how many screws and exactly what area
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please check following image where visible screws are circled red..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're not having a lot of luck we think the sound is coming out of that little yellow around thing but we're not sure any thoughts on what else we can do I don't see anything loose
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, referring to tan color board (power supply) image, please unplug little connector on left side of image, replug TV power cord and check, do you still get chirping sound from yellow transformer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we plug it into the tan board first or the wall outlet first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes still chirping
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
First unplug TV power cord from wall, then unplug little connector on left of power board (as per picture) replug TV power cord and check is chirping sound still comes?
If so, again unplug TV power cord, replug little connector into power board and now disconnect flat ribbon cable cable from right side of power board (as per picture), replug TV power cord and check if chirpin sound still comes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No chirping sound with the ribbon unplugged what does that mean
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, it means main power supply section on power supply board has got problem for some reason, we disconnect the main board which provides power-on command to power board to turn On main power section for sound output and backlight inverter volts. It seems power supply board will need to be replaced in TV to resolve the problem. Required power supply board is available with following supplier for $50..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Lf501em4f
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.