Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung UN55D6000SF that quit working. A local repairman

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UN55D6000SF that quit working. A local repairman told me that the problem was "the main power unit." I didn't want to spend the $273 he wanted to repair a TV of this age. I removed the board that the power cord attaches to and sent it to an online board repair service. They say there is nothing wrong with the board. What do you think needs to be replaced or repaired and what's the best way of going about that?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I am assuming the set is dead but is the power-light lit or blinking please on the front of the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set is dead but the standby light on the front of the set does not light up.
So no light whatsoever
In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the power-board is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the power-board itself.
Please let me know if you can do work or need more info
If you do not feel comfortable with that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the power board the board that the power cord attaches to? That board has been tested and is working fine.
Yes it is the most suspect but as I say it needs to be verified to be bad using a meter which is I guess what he has done, but I never take anyone else word for it it would need to be checked by yourself to be sure there are about 3 voltage checks with a meter.
The mainboard going bad will give exactly the same symptoms but you see its not possible to say that without verified checks.
You could go ahead and replace the main-board however I would not recommend that that's your call, if you want to do that let me know.
Regards
Anthony