Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How can I change the country that my philips 50PFL4909 SMART

Customer Question

How can I change the country that my philips 50PFL4909 SMART TV WAS initially set up
as MEXICO
should be UNITED STATES?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is the TV connected to internet as we need it to connect internet to change country settings.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the television has been completely set up working perfectly except incorrect country so I cannot access my netflix account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there additional charges for phone conversation if there are I do not want that service please just communicate online
Thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please press Net TV to get net TV screen, check lower right corner for Country option, there you can change it to USA.Please check following image where I marked Country option on Net TV screen which will help..
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes, website charges $18 additional for phone call support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it only allows me to change the country from mexico to OTHER
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Other?
Does it show any list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO I click it will not let me scroll, only
MEXICO
OTHER
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, select Other and give it some time to see if TV shows a list of Other countries?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have clicked okay to other and it just stays on screen which only allows to lines
MEXICO
OTHER
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IF I CLICK OK to other it showscountry other on the bottom right corner
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd and I'm out of ideas why it is happening, let me open the question to other experts on website to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.
Please do not rate my answer and leave it as it is, I'm opting out now to open the question.
Thanks.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Perhaps your TV was manufactured mainly to be used in Mexico, and really is as narrow in capability of setup as you have already seen and as it so far seems to be.
I have experience with devices that have an America-use model and then have a Japan-only-use model, and the Japan-only model does not allow itself to be set to use the English language for its on-screen labels and menus. So this is actually possible, that a TV might be made for use primarily in one country.
But there is something to try that hasn't been mentioned: doing a Factory Settings Reset on the TV. That will wipe all installed apps and all configurations off it, but will also get its initial, set-up prompt, for Country (or, Language) and Date/Time, etc.
Would you like to try that? if so, I will research what the procedure for a Factory Reset of this model of TV would be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately That was the first thing I tried.
Thank you
George
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I regret hearing that. It would seem to indicate that your TV really was meant primarily for use in Mexico. Since another Expert here might have another opinion or more advice to offer, I have Opted Out, opening the case for other Experts at no additional charge to you.