Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

SONY KDL-46HX820 SHUTS OFF AND BLINKS 5 TIMES DIAG CODE -

Customer Question

SONY KDL-46HX820
SHUTS OFF AND BLINKS 5 TIMES
DIAG CODE - HFR-ERR - 11 TIMES
DIAG CODE - TCON_ERR - 2 TIMES
DIAG CODE P_ID_ERR - 6 TIMES
ANY IDEA?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first note this please;Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I' m ready
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then first I need to know why you listed all those codes , do you have them all ???
I`m sure not so which one do you have ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those codes came from the diag screen on the tv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you should`ve mentioned that you pulled out the self check codes
So then you have a 5 blinks code .
Cannot see on this screen but before it shuts down ,can you see dark spots or area of the screen or it is even ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv shuts off randomly, then flashes 5 red flashes from power led
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you here?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes thanks but its not what I`m asking , before it shuts down ,can you see dark spots or area of the screen or it is even ?
Yes I`m here but I need time to diagnose and type !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no dark spots, screen is great when it is on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one time before it shut down, the screen was splochy?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then this changes completely what I was typing down about a possible defective t-con and shifts the focus directly on the LCD panel , those tv/s are well known for that and that is why it was my first question
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Let me check a few things but I`m afraid the diagnostic won`t change now.How long does it usually takes before the tv shuts down , is it random or approx. the same time every times ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can the tcon board be purchased separately, or is it part of the LCD
It is random on the shutdown. If it shuts down, and I do a power reset, it will come on and could stay on for several hours. Nest time it shuts down after several minutes.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes the t-con can be bought separately and I was about to suggest giving it a try anyway even though that splotch does not look good for the panel .Looking for that board for you right now
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here is a supplier ;http://www.tvpartsguy.com/sony-kdl-46hx820-t-con-board-1-883-893-11/
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
This is the board part # ***** if you`d like to do your own shopping and also note that this board is used in other models .Here is a china link ;http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/original-1-883-893-11-KDL-46HX720-KDL-55EX72-t-con-Logic-board/420447_2036300086.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I will try that.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.