Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have an older samsung television. When i turn it on it

Customer Question

Hi, i have an older samsung television. When i turn it on it powers up and then powers down and the lights on the bottom right flash. I took off the back and saw that the fans start up and then die. Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This is not a plasma tv, it is a dlp model. Can you tell me specifically what lights are showing on the front panel of the tv, solid/flashing, what color, any pattern if flashing, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before the tv is on its one solid red, the after on its one flashing green then it shits down and flashes one green and one red
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I need to know which specific lights though, they should be labeled as standby/temp, timer, and lamp.The more detail you can give me the better I can assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red flashing is standby temp...and the green is lamp
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Is lamp flashing or solid green?Nothing at all from the timer light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lamp flashes and nothing from the timer light although when i was trying to see what was wrong i did notice the timer on solid but it hasnt since yesterday
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, lamp and standby flashing together mean the lamp cover door is open (or the switch is bad, etc). If you had timer flashing too (all 3 flashing) that means a bad lamp. Check the lamp access panel/door on the side of the tv. Open it up, make sure the lamp housing is in all the way, and close it back up making sure the door is tightly shut and latched.