Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just bought the B00DIFIO8E Antenna and I am getting absolutely

Customer Question

Hi, I just bought the B00DIFIO8E Antenna and I am getting absolutely no channels. I am sure I am missing something in your simple instructions, but my TV remote does not have anything called scan for channels, so I am getting frustrated!!
I have a Samsung LN52B550, and my remote does not even exactly match the one in their user guide, but there is still nothing about settings, or scanning for channels.
Please help!!
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just figured out the menu button on my remote does not work. followed some suggestions from youtube and it still does not work. All other buttons do work. Might not be fixable.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, If the MENU button on your remote does not work, then there are two options to fix this issue.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
1) Is to purchase a new remote, then reset the TV to defaults, go into the Tuner MENU select ANT, then run a channel scan.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
2) Is to purchase an inexpensive DTV tuner box (for around $45) and connect it between the Antenna and the TV's AV jacks. This lets you simply change the SOURCE on the TV, and then use the software built into the tuner box (bypassing the TV's channel setup MENU), and then scan for channels.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The unit at the link below I've used with good results- with my Sony WEGA which didn't have the original remote: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-digital-tv-converter-box-black/1239871.p?id=1219047791707&skuId=1239871
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The original remote control for your TV is not available for purchase anywhere, so the external tuner may be your best solution. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You mentioned you could not find anything in the TV's MENU about running a channel scan. These instructions are shown on page 15 of the manual at the link below:
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ImageBank/v20090421150200/Manuals/305/30532B550.PDF
You had also mentioned the MENU button on the remote not working- so not sure if you'll be able to do this.
If not, then the DTV tuner solution provided above is the solution to your problem.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks. While this was good feedback, I fear my problem will not be fixed until I can get another remote, so I am sad.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I can understand that. All I can do is post the instructions on how to do this, and alternatively you can pickup a DTV tuner box at Radio Shack, Best Buy or even Wal Mart to get down to business in short time. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if there's anything else I can do to try and earn a positive rating from you. It's my livelihood.