Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I took my Vizio 24" flat screen out of storage and hooked it

Customer Question

I took my Vizio 24" flat screen out of storage and hooked it up to the Comcast cable in my home office which serves 2 computers there. I used a splitter bought from Radio Shack. When I powered up and re-connected the computers were just fine, but the Vizio showed "No Signal." No matter what I did with the remote control or the cable wiring, nothing changed. What gives??
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
What inputs are you using on the TV for cable please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The input to the TV is a length of 75 ohm TV cable with male/female couplers on either end, running from a splitter on the Internet cable for the computers, to the cable/antenna port on the back of the TV. This afternoon I did get connected to 3 "house"channels" owned by Comcast, and I don't know how I did it. Must have hit the right buttons in the set-up drill. Tomorrow a Comcast techie will show up and tell me you can't hook up a tv to a computer cable feed. Over the past 65 years I heard this from people. By the time you feed the cable to the house, run a leg to every room, and connect something different to each one, isn't that what you are doing???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P.S. The set has a beautiful picture I remark as we sit watching a DVDh hooked up by a HTML (??) cable.
I am sorry I will have to go on further calls I will open this up to other experts