Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have a pt-50lc 13. It won't power on but the power button blinks

Customer Question

Have a pt-50lc 13. It won't power on but the power button blinks 2 times amber. It worked absolutely fine before and just had the bulb replaced.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please tell me if this problem only occurred after you replaced the lamp?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The reason I ask is that 2 blinks Amber of the power light monitors the Lamp Door- and typically would be caused by the lamp door not being closed securely.
I would first suggest unplugging the TV from power, then carefully removing, and re-installing the lamp making sure it's secure. Then close the lamp cover and plug the TV back in.
Turn it one and let me know if you have that same code. If so, then we need to look in a different direction.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.