Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The digital snap-in port on the back of my flat screen Samsung

Customer Question

the digital snap-in port on the back of my flat screen Samsung tv seems to be broken as a digital cord does not snap-in. The port seems to be broken for some reason. Can it be repaired? Ron Farrell at***@******.***. I purchases one of those "TV ears" advertised on TV and when they work, they are great and I cannot get a good connection. Any advice? Ron Farrell
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Ron, are you referring to the "Optical jack"? If so, what's broken on it? These all have a plastic cover over the jack. Are you able to insert the cable in all the way? Please elaborate.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The port can be replaced- meaning the entire Mainboard can be swapped out- if that is indeed the problem. However it's more than likely you have either- not pushed the plastic flap in all the way to make a good connection. Or, do not have the cable turned in the correct orientation. Or have an incompatible Optical cable (there are three types). Please postback with as much detail as you can provide (paint a verbal "picture" of what you are seeing) and we can sort this much easier.